Start-ups with an impact on roads, public transport and public spaces must be able to demonstrate their concept in practice if they are to convince potential customers and investors. This means a pilot study is essential. Featuring real users, in a real-life situation. This is where Mobility Lab can help: it supports startups with their first steps in developing smart mobility solutions. It is an initiative from De Verkeersonderneming Rotterdam and SmartwayZ.NL.
What is welcome at Mobility Lab?
Mobility Lab is targeting innovative solutions with a positive impact on accessibility and the (business) climate in the South Netherlands district. For example:
- Efficient use of parking spaces
- Encouraging the use of bikes and/or shared cars
- Mobility services (vehicle-to-vehicle or vehicle-to-infra)
- New types of electrical and autonomous transport
- Smart infrastructure
- Smart urban distribution
- Better dispersion and more customisation for passengers using public transport
A nine-month programme…
- Linking start-ups to a launching customer and a location
- Offering the possibility for early-phase funding of up to €25,000
- Supporting start-ups with communication, marketing and PR
- Giving individual guidance to start-ups as the company develops
Registration and more info
The last round of registration closed in October 2017. Sixteen start-ups have now been selected and are going through the process at Mobility Lab. There will be another round next year. For more information take a look at www.mobilitylab.nl.